19 September 2012

Chained to my sewing machine






I know I haven't updated in awhile.  It's not that I've forgotten about you all, or that I don't care.  It's just that I have become a workaholic.  There's the online TESOL course, that will certify me to teach English as a foriegn language anywhere in the world (including Berlin!)  This course is kind of dull and time-consuming, but I believe it will pay off in the end.  I've been at it for just a few days over a month and am almost half done. 
And then there is the art.  I have my first public exhibition on November 2nd! (Details at www.harveyrabbit.net) While the exhibition is still over a month away, I have a photo shoot with a professional photographer on September 25th, so I am trying to finish the majority of the work by then.  I've been pretty much living behind my sewing machine.  It makes me really grouchy at times, this pulling 10 and 12 hour days with the hope (but not the gaurantee) that my work will sell.  But I also find great fulfillment in actually turning out a physical product.
Yesterday, I took a break in the afternoon to hang out with Robert.  We on my bed talking.  "Ich liebe dich," I said to him.  (It means "I love you" in German.) He looked at me sweetly and then corrected my pronunciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment